Saturday, May 2, 2009

BON VOYAGE, OLD FRIEND

For the last 12 years I 've had the honor of hanging out with Chief. Chief, the host of all of our events. Chief always looking "sleak and handsome" in his tux.

I met Chief in a trailer park at Skidway Island, Georgia. He was the last of the litter. I know it sounds like a bad country song but it is true.

Since that moment, we had a blast. From traveling up and down the East Coast sharing Slim Jims and Doritios to drinking a little too much and sleeping in all day. No matter what the scenario Chief was at my feet. Just hanging out and relaxing.

Chief was a dog of all vices. He worked hard and partied harder. Although he never paid me any rent. He loved beer, eating cigarette butts, peeing on stuff, and getting into the trash (even while blind his last year and half here, he was a smart little fucker).

He only hated the sound of thunder, fireworks, and ballons.

So before he left us here we sent him off with a Bon Voyage week.
That included....
Fast Food Feasts..

Drinking only the finest of hops and barley...
.
Good Spirited debates about wide range of topics...

He gave advice to his friend, Kibby, telling her not to let her broken leg get her down.

He told his friends, Justin, Pomp and Alex to stick it to the man whenever possible. And then posed for one final photo op.

The night ended with Chief and I doing one final dance. Here's a photo of the best part of it....


See one of the endless reason I love Chief is he never put baby in the corner. And by baby I mean me.

But one a serious note, I would like to thank all of you through the years and here at the Compound that showed so much hospitality and love toward Chief. If any of you that reads this has an awesome picture of the little guy you would like to share feel free to email it to the compound at
compoundwarehaus@verizon.net.
Thanks.

4 comments:

F. Rizzo said...

sorry about the news adam... i'll miss you chief.

goody gumdrops said...

metal and i will miss the chief. we'll never forget him. hope you are doing okay...

xo
phoebe

Unknown said...

Damn. So sorry to hear the little man went down. I hear they serve beer in puppy heaven, so all is well.

Debbie Lutz said...

I know Chief is currently drinking Sid's scotch and being fed prime bar snacks (there has to be a bar!)
An extra shot of Drambouie shall be drank in Chief's honor on Wednesday. You gave Chief a primo send-off. Love ya.
me, debbie
PS I am loving "SHOCK THE MONKEY"